Sausage, Bean, & Spinach Dip
Sausage, bean, and spinach dip is hearty, tasty, and a unique dish to bring to your next potluck!
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1-pound) package hot ground pork sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Serve with: Corn chip scoops, red bell pepper strips, pretzel rods
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cook diced onion, red bell pepper, and hot ground sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid has almost completely evaporated.
Add cream cheese, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and salt, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Gently stir in beans. Pour mixture into a 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with corn chip scoops, bell pepper strips, and pretzel rods.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cream Pie Martini 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- New Amsterdam Peach Sunrise 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Goulash with Peas or Corn 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Spinach and Tomato Flatbread Pizza 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Turkey Sausage, Sweet Potato &... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Stay-Bed-Beef Stew 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Spinach and Broccoli Stromboli 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- California Peach Caprese Salad 4.3/5 (12 Votes)