California Peach Caprese Salad
A Classic Italian Caprese salad has three components: fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. This is a fun twist, using peaches instead of tomato and it's a beautiful blend of sweet and savory. This recipe is slightly adapted from the food blog "My Carolina Kitchen". Thanks, Sam!
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar (Champagne or white wine vinegar will do)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 ounces tiny water-packed mozzarella cheese balls
- 4 ripe peaches, unpeeled, each cut into eight wedges
- 6 to 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, torn into pieces, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Prepare the vinaigrette by combining the ingredients in a glass jar with a screw top lid. Shake well to combine and set aside.
I don't measure when I made vinaigrette, and just pour and measure into a bowl. Either way will do, but taste and adjust the seasoning to your own liking.
Cut cheese into 1-inch pieces (or leave whole if they are small balls) and gently toss with the peaches.
Add the vinaigrette and toss again gently.
Layer the basil leaves, then roll into a cigar shape. Slice thin (you just performed a "chiffonade" cut).
Add a little freshly ground black pepper and the basil and the optional mint pieces. Serve right away.
You'll also love
- Guinness Glazed Pork Chops 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P2/3) Beef Marinade 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Carrot Souffle 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Brown Garlic Stir-Fry Sauce 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Mom's banana pear bread 3.8/5 (87 Votes)
- Haupia with Pineapple 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with Cranberries and... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Peachy Keen Chicken 4.3/5 (9 Votes)