Southern English Pea Salad
This classic Southern side dish is a favorite at BBQ cookouts and also at potlucks!
- 3 (15-ounce) cans Delmonte Very Young Sweet Peas
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- Pinch onion salt
- Pinch garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped sweet pickles, optional
- Finely chopped onion, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Everything is pretty much just stirred together but it's very important that the peas be as dry as possible to prevent the mayo from watering.
What I do is, after draining them well in a colander I lay the peas out on a jellyroll pan that has been lined with several layers of paper towels (then just fold them up in the towels to transfer to the mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.) *Can add a little chopped sweet pickle or finely diced raw onion, but we like it better without.
Garnish top with an additional sliced hard-boiled egg, if desired. Keep refrigerated.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Italian Bread 4.4/5 (80 Votes)
- Basic Pasta Dough Recipe 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - Weight... 4/5 (119 Votes)
- Individual 7-Layer Dips 4.1/5 (108 Votes)
Review this recipe