Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple Sage Butter
- APPLE-SAGE BUTTER:
- 2 Delicata squash - (to 3)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter very soft
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 5 sage leaves minced
Using a sturdy knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Season the squash with salt and pepper. Put 1 tablespoons of water in each squash half. Place the squash on a plate, cut-side up, cover with plastic wrap, and cook in the microwave until the squash is very soft (about 5 minutes).
Place the squash in a Char-Broil preheated smoker. Smoke over any fruit or nut wood for 30 to 45 minutes. The squash is sufficiently smoked when it attains a delicate smoke aroma. These squash can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave when needed.
For Apple-Sage Butter: Mix butter, apple butter, and sage. If the mixture does not mix together easily, warm several seconds in the microwave and then mix thoroughly. Butter each squash half with apple sage butter. Serve additional butter on the side.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.2/5 (698 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Cake 3.8/5 (628 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn & Delicata Squash... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ravioli with Spicy and Sage Butter 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Spaghetti tossed with Butternut... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Chipotle Black Bean Stuffed... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled BBQ Pork Chop Sandwich 0/5 (0 Votes)