Spaghetti tossed with Butternut Squash and Sage Butter
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Put the butternut squash on a baking sheet, toss with the olive oil and season heavily with salt and pepper. Roast until very tender, about 30 minutes. Reserve.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the sage and cook until crisp, about 2 minutes. Add the roasted butternut squash and hazelnuts and toss to combine.
Drain the pasta, add it to the saucepan and mix well to evenly incorporate all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
You'll also love
- Halloween Orange Sherbet Punch 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- White Chip Lemon Streusel Bars 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup (Julia Child's)... 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Cheesy-scalloped-potatoes 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Lightened up Pumpkin Roll 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Pappardelle with sage butter... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pan Seared Lamb Chops with Lemon... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)