Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
A perfect chicken tortilla soup recipe. Easy and flavorful, this Chicken Tortilla Soup is made in a crock pot, served with tortilla chips and sprinkled with cheese.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 cans Ro-Tel (I like the lime & cilantro, but the regular is fine)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder*
- 1 tablespoon chile powder*
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin*
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro*
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 605mins
Adapted from jonandjenmiller.blogspot.com
Put the onion, beans, Ro-Tel, corn, chicken broth, water, and spices in CrockPot and mix well.
Add chicken breasts on top so they're at least partly submerged in the liquid. Cook on high 6 to 7 hours or low 8 to 9 hours.
Shred the chicken breasts and stir.
To serve, add a few tortilla chips in the bottom of a bowl and ladle soup over tortilla chips, top with shredded cheddar cheese, and a dollop of sour cream, serve with more chips if you like. Enjoy!
*Substitute taco seasoning instead of the dry spices if you like.
You'll also love
- Awesome Pasta Salad! 4.4/5 (169 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Grilled Skirt Steak 4.2/5 (233 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wraps 4.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sweet Pineapple Chicken 3.8/5 (212 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Tortilla Chicken Casserole 4.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Dip Roll-Ups 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Soup - Chili's... 4.1/5 (128 Votes)