Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Oh, there will definitely be a next time. I have to tell you, this is now my favorite chicken tortilla soup. The family loved it and it had just the right amount of spice for us. If you like things spicier, you can add some more heat. The chicken was also falling apart as it was being pulled from the crock pot, so tender.
If someone does not like black beans, just grind them up in a food processor and pour them in.
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce size – southwest style, if possible I used petite diced tomatoes w/ sweet onion)
- 1 packet enchilada sauce mix (or if you can’t find this, mild taco seasoning works well too, this is what I used)
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can ( 10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts (I only used 2 chicken breasts)
In crock pot, mix the enchilada packet together with the water and tomato sauce. Add cream of chicken soup and milk and whisk together until smooth. Add chicken. Pour drained black beans, drained corn and diced tomatoes on top of that.
Cook on low 6-8 hours. Before serving, take out chicken and shred or dice, then put back and stir it all together. slice corn tortillas and put in soup at end just before serving.
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, lime, avocado, or tortilla chips.
You'll also love
- Homemade Pepper Steak Pie 4/5 (69 Votes)
- Streuselkuchen; German Crumb Cake 3.9/5 (104 Votes)
- Chocolate Maple Chicken Wings... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Hawaiian Chicken 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlets with Mushrooms and... 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken 4.2/5 (64 Votes)
- Mango Avocado Spiced Chicken Salad 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- 30-Minute Kale, White Bean &... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)