Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
As explosion of Asian flavors in a cool and crisp lettuce cup. The perfect hot summer day treat.
- Stir fry sauce:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, or 2 large breasts, grilled and diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 cup water chestnuts, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, rough chopped
- 6 – 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Asian barbecue sauce:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Grill chicken until just done, do not over cook. Allow to cool and then dice. (If you are not going to grill the chicken. Dice the meat into small pieces. Heat the oil in wok or skillet, add chicken and stir fry until done. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Add an additional tablespoon of oil to the pan and continue with instructions below).
In a small bowl or ramekin, mix together the stir fry sauce and set aside.
Prepare all ingredient by chopping and dicing to pea size pieces.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add water chestnuts, onion, garlic, and pepper. Stir fry until onions are slightly tender about 2 – 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir fry for another minute.
Add chicken and herbs, stir to mix well. Add stir fry sauce and mix well to coat. Remove from heat.
Serve the chicken mixture in lettuce cups with an assortment of condiments such as Asian barbecue sauce, Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce, and Garlic Red Chili Sauce.
Asian barbecue sauce:
Put all ingredients into a small sauce pan and heat until sauce just begins to boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook until sauce has reduced by about half and has thickened to a syrup. Chill before serving.
You'll also love
- Pizza Wheels (Pizza Party Buns) 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples &... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Honey BBQ Crack Chicken 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Better Chicken Marsala for Two 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cajun Honey Mustard Chicken (Grill... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Thai Mango Chicken 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken & Noodle Delight 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Sesame Noodles with Chicken &... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)