Two-Step BBQ Chicken
- 1 (3- to 3-1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in sauce, finely chopped
Preparation time 20mins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place chicken on baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with salt and black pepper on both sides.
Cook 45 to 55 minutes, or until no pink remains.
Preheat grill to medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Brush chicken with barbecue sauce mixture and grill 5 minutes. Turn chicken, brush again with sauce, and grill 5 additional minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.
Weather not cooperating or just don't feel like using the grill? No problem! Simply slather this sauce on the baked chicken and place under the broiler for a few minutes, just until it begins to caramelize.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cajun Chicken Pasta 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Moroccan Chickpea & Couscous Salad 4/5 (51 Votes)
- Olive Garden Chicken Vino Bianco 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Hawaiian Style Huli Huli Chicken 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Chicken and Rice Soup 4.5/5 (17 Votes)