Raspberry Orange Trifle
- 1 Orange Pound Cake (see recipe)
- 1 cup good raspberry jam
- 2 half-pints fresh raspberries
- Orange Cream (see recipe)
- 1 cup cold heavy cream - (1/2 pint)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cut the pound cake into 9 (3/4-inch) slices and spread each slice on 1 side with raspberry jam, using all the jam. Set aside.
Place a layer of cake, jam-side up, in the bottom of a 2 1/2- to 3-quart glass serving bowl, cutting the pieces to fit. Top with a layer of raspberries and orange cream. Repeat the layers of cake, raspberries, and orange cream, ending with a third layer of cake, jam-side down, and raspberries.
Whip the cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. When it starts to thicken, add the sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until it forms stiff peaks. Decorate the trifle with whipped cream. The trifle can sit for awhile at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (487 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (230 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)