- 1 pound fresh white mushroom
- 2 large onions - (abt 1 lb)
- 1 medium eggplant - (abt 1 lb)
- 2 medium zucchini - (abt 1 lb)
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper - (abt 8 oz)
- 2 large ripe tomatoes - (abt 1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons finely-chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Cut mushrooms in thick slices; slice onions in wedges; cut eggplant, zucchini, red bell pepper and tomatoes in 1-inch cubes.
In a large saucepot (preferably nonstick), heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, just until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.