Slow Roasted Tomato Bacon Jam
You have to love this Slow Roasted Tomato Bacon Jam recipe.
- 10 roma/plum tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound thick smoked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup coffee, brewed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 chipotle chilies in adobo, chopped or Sriracha to taste, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet with the cut side up, spray, brush or drizzle them with oil and roast in a preheated 250F oven until the are starting to caramelize and shrivel but are still juicy, about 2 hours.
Cook the bacon in a large sauce pan an over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the bacon starts to get crispy and set aside, reserving 1 tablespoon of the grease in the pan.
Add the onions and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the vinegar and deglaze the pan.
Add the coffee, brown sugar, maple syrup, bacon, chipotle chilies, cumin, pepper and tomatoes, reduce the heat and simmer until reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 1-2 hours.
Process the jam in a food processor to smooth it out to the desired texture.
If you do not finish it all in one sitting, store it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
You'll also love
- Fresh Tomato Salsa 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Southern-Style Fried Fish Sandwich 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Healthy Banana Waffles 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Oriental Broccoli (or Cabbage)... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Cowboy Pork Chops With Bbq Rice 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled Bacon-Cheeseburgers 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)