Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps
FAMILY FLAVOR COOKBOOK
- SPICY MAYO:
- 2/3 C. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2/3 C. brown suger
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce, leaves torn off the core
- 1 C. long grain white rice, cooked
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 c. bean sprouts
- 2 C. shredded carrots
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. Sriracha chile sauce
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
Measure soy sauce into a liquid measuring cup. Once measured, reserve 2 tablespoons in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch to the 2 tablespoons soy sauce and mix well. Set aside. In a medium bowl, add remaining soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Whisk well to combine and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, ad ground beef, garlic and salt. Saute until ground beef is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain fat from beef. Pour in brown sugar mixture. Stir well. Once simmering, stir in cornstarch mixture. Stir well and simmer until thickened. Remove pan from the heat.
In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, garlic, Sriracha and sesame oil. Whisk well to combine and set aside.
To assemble, line a lettuce leaf with cooked rice and add a big spoonful of ground beef. Sprinkle on green onions, sprouts and carrots and then drizzle with spicy mayo on top.
You'll also love
- Smoked Turkey with Bacon Butter 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- The BEST Blueberry Scones Ever 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Kristi's Favorite Lemon Bundt Cake... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled Bacon-Cheeseburgers 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Creamy Gluten-Free (kind of)... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Turkey Breast with Spinach-Feta... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Z_Make-Ahead Black Bean & Spinach... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)