Bacon & Avocado Breakfast Tacos
Tacos are a wonderfully versatile dish, and here’s proof…
- 1/3 of 1-pound bag of frozen, shredded hashbrowns
- 3 tbps of corn oil (or canola)
- 2-3 medium-large jalapenos
- 1-2 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 large (or small) Hass avocado
- salt to taste
- 4-6 flour tortillas (fresh if you can get them)
- 4 slices of bacon
Dice the jalapenos, onion and tomatoes, and cut avocado into thin slices.
Cook four slices of bacon, let cool them crumble.
In a medium/large skillet, put the corn oil in the skillet and set heat to medium-high. Once the oil is hot add the hash browns. When they begin to soften, mix in the onions and jalapenos. Once they are done, remove from heat and stir in the tomatoes, and salt to taste.
In a small skillet, scramble the eggs.
Layer ingredients atop flour tortillas, top with cheese and pico (salsa of your choice).