Cherry Filled Ableskiver
Danish Ableskiver's are a pancake version, filled with jam, lemon curd, pie filling...whatever strikes your fancy. You do need a special pan to make these, however. Pardon the photo, as this was taken before I upgraded to a professional camera and improved my skills. I'll reshoot the recipe, when I make these again.
- OPTIONAL FILLING:
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter for pan
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 banana, sliced into quarters lengthwise and then into small chunks
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk, vanilla and butter.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Combine the yolk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until well blended. The batter will be a little lumpy.
Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the egg whites in two additions.
Heat an aebleskiver pan over medium heat and brush each well with melted butter.
Pour about 1 tablespoon of the batter into each well.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella and 1 to 2 chunks of banana to each well. Then top off each well with enough batter to fill.
Cook about 3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom and bubbly around the edges.
Quickly turn each aebelskiver over, using a long wooden skewer or toothpick, trying not to puncture the balls.
Continue cooking until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes more.
Transfer to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Creamy Macaroni and... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Banana doughnut for the doughnut... 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Burgers Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Two-Step BBQ Chicken 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Breakfast... 4/5 (60 Votes)