Roasted Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus and Red Pepper Bundles
Tender young asparagus stalks and bright red sweet peppers are wrapped in hickory smoked bacon, drizzled in olive oil and baked until crisp and juicy!
- 1 lb fresh young asparagus stalks
- 1 large red sweet pepper
- 1 lb hickory smoked bacon
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground sea salt & pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from ahensnest.com
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Rinse asparagus and trim bottom ½” from stalks.
Cut red pepper into 8 slices, lengthwise.
Separate asparagus spears into bundles of two to three, place one pepper slice onto each.
Starting from bottom, wrap a piece of bacon tightly around spears and pepper, ending about halfway, add another slice and continue wrapping, leaving tip of spears visible.
Repeat with remaining bundles.
Place on parchment lined sheet, so they are not touching.
Drizzle olive oil over bundles and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes, then turn on broiler and broil for 5, or until bacon is as crisp as you like.
You'll also love
- Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon & Avocado Breakfast Tacos 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Barbecued Pork... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Scallops 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- Deep Dish Crumb Topped Strawberry... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Asparagus Pasta Salad with Italian... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with... 0/5 (0 Votes)