American Potato Salad
A classic American potato salad with plenty of celery, red onion, sweet pickle relish, hard-boiled eggs, mayo and vinegar.
- 2 pounds uncooked Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cups plain fat free yogurt, Greek-style recommended
- 1/4 cups fat free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons SPLENDA®
- 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1/3 cups red onions, chopped
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 21mins
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 7 to 9 minutes; drain and cool slightly.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using a fork, mash yolk from 1 egg with vinegar until smooth. Add yogurt, mayonnaise, relish, Splenda, salt and pepper; stir until blended.
Add potatoes, celery and onion to bowl; toss to mix and coat. Chop remaining egg white and egg; gently fold into potato salad. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
Garnish with chopped dill, red onion and/or chives. For a change of pace, substitute 1-inch red potato chunks for the Yukon Gold potatoes.
You'll also love
- Oooey Gooey Potatoes 4.6/5 (84 Votes)
- Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken with... 3.9/5 (139 Votes)
- German Cheesecake 4.4/5 (101 Votes)
- Garlic Oven Fries 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel... 4.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Grape Salad 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheesy Party Potatoes 4.3/5 (98 Votes)