Bacon Ranch Sour Cream Potato Salad
The Ranch adds just a kick of tangy flavor, without being overpoweringly "Ranchy". The bacon? As cliche as the expression is, bacon really DOES make everything better.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1 bunch chives, thinly sliced (you can also substitute green onions)
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Place the potatoes and garlic in a pot of cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are just done (test them by piercing a chunk with a bamboo skewer).
Drain the potatoes, rinse with cold water to cool, and drain again. Refrigerate the potatoes until completely chilled.
Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and Ranch mix.
Toss the chilled potatoes with 2 tablespoons of sour cream mixture at a time, until potatoes are just coated.
Fold in the chives and bacon, then season with salt & pepper to taste.
Chill until ready to serve, adding additional dressing to taste as needed just before serving.
You'll also love
- Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn 4.3/5 (92 Votes)
- Grape Salad 4.5/5 (76 Votes)
- Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce 4.5/5 (76 Votes)
- Baked avocado with egg and bacon:... 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- World's Best Corned Beef Cheese... 4.3/5 (88 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Brown... 4.3/5 (97 Votes)
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes 4.6/5 (64 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (66 Votes)