Corn Spoon Bread
Forget cornbread from a box or package—it's so easy to make from scratch, and so satisfying when you do. Add thyme or other herbs for flavor.
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels or one
- 10-ounce package frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Adapted from realsimple.com
Heat oven to 350° F.
In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring 2 cups of the milk and the corn to a boil.
In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining milk and the cornmeal. Whisking constantly, slowly add the mixture to the boiling milk. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the butter, thyme, salt, pepper, and eggs.
Transfer to a buttered casserole or cast-iron skillet. Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- COCONUT KEY LIME CHEESECAKE BARS 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Cider Caramels 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Milk Chocolate Mini Cookies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Three-Cheese Ziti with Ricotta,... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Cauliflower Pizza Crust 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweetcorn and Zucchini Fritters 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Cornbread Dressing by Mom 4.5/5 (13 Votes)