Pecan Pie Bars
These tender and delicious pecan bars have an effortless press-in crust and a custard-like filling.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups pecan halves (see Note)
- Baked Press-In Crust
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 105mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium saucepan, melt the unsalted butter over moderate heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the light corn syrup and dark brown sugar, then whisk in the eggs until thoroughly blended. Whisk in the vanilla extract and salt and stir in the pecans halves until combined.
Pour the pecan filling into the pre-baked pie bar crust and bake for about 35 minutes, until the filling is set.
Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely. Cut into bars and serve.
You'll also love
- Emeril's Best Beef Pressure-Cooker... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Mexi-Cali Hashbrown Taco Casserole 3.8/5 (83 Votes)
- Catch A Husband Cake 4/5 (71 Votes)
- Peach Dumplings 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Nana's Small Fried Apple Pies 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Mile-High Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Pecan Pie 4.5/5 (12 Votes)