Broccoli-Bacon Portabella Stuffers
- 3 cups broccoli florets - (abt 8 oz)
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps - (7 to 8 oz ea) (or 8 small mushroom caps)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - (4 oz)
In a medium-size saucepan, over high heat, bring 1 quart salted water to a boil; reduce heat, add broccoli and simmer until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes; drain.
In a large (12-inch) skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes; drain on paper towels. Drain excess bacon fat from skillet. Add mushrooms, gill-side down, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat; turn mushrooms. Sprinkle mushrooms with half the cheese, dividing evenly; spoon broccoli on top; crumble bacon over broccoli; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Return skillet to heat and continue to cook mushrooms, covered, just until tender and the cheese has melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (570 Votes)
- The Mushroom Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Mushroom And Olive Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Straw Mushrooms With Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Goose Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)