Broccoli-Bacon Portabella Stuffers
- 3 cups broccoli florets - (abt 8 oz)
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps - (7 to 8 oz ea) (or 8 small mushroom caps)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - (4 oz)
In a medium-size saucepan, over high heat, bring 1 quart salted water to a boil; reduce heat, add broccoli and simmer until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes; drain.
In a large (12-inch) skillet, over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 8 minutes; drain on paper towels. Drain excess bacon fat from skillet. Add mushrooms, gill-side down, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat; turn mushrooms. Sprinkle mushrooms with half the cheese, dividing evenly; spoon broccoli on top; crumble bacon over broccoli; sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Return skillet to heat and continue to cook mushrooms, covered, just until tender and the cheese has melted, 4 to 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.5/5 (317 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)