Hearty Mushroom And Olive Soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper - (to 1/2)
- 1/2 pound King Oyster mushrooms sliced (3 1/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup pitted California ripe olives cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
Combine milk, half-and-half, flour and pepper; stir with wire whisk until smooth.
Saute mushrooms in butter in large saucepan or Dutch oven until tender. Add milk mixture and olives to mushrooms and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add sherry and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Spoon into bowls and top with cheese. Serve with hot crusty garlic bread.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Grilled Trout Stuffed With Morels... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Lemon Shrimp And Vegetables 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Ham And Mushroom Skewers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gingered Carrot Rice With Shiitake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chilled Mushroom And Green Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Black Truffles, Olive... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Oil-Sauteed Almonds 0/5 (0 Votes)