Deviled Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound backfin crabmeat
- 1 medium onion minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 12 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten
- 30 medium mushroom caps
- Bread crumbs
Break up crabmeat into chunks and set aside.
Cook onion in butter or margarine until tender. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese soup, dry mustard, parsley flakes and nutmeg. Blend thoroughly and add beaten egg. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until it starts to boil. Remove from heat and stir in crabmeat.
Remove stems from mushrooms, rinse and pat mushrooms caps dry. Stuff the caps and arrange in baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake in heated oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Use large mushrooms caps for main course, medium caps for hors d'oeuvres.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (468 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)