Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and thinly sliced - (abt 5 cups)
- 8 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz) thawed, squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 cup instant polenta or cornmeal
- 2 cups prepared tomato sauce heated
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat 9-inch pie plate with butter or nonstick cooking spray; set aside for later use.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove 1 cup of mushrooms to small bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese; set aside. Into mushrooms remaining in skillet, stir spinach and pesto; cook until hot, about 2 minutes.
Cook polenta according to package directions. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 7 tablespoons of the cheese.
Spread half of the polenta in the prepared pie plate. Spoon mushroom-spinach mixture over polenta; spread remaining polenta on top. Top pie with reserved mushroom-Parmesan mixture.
Bake, uncovered, until heated through, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes; cut into wedges.
Divide tomato sauce onto 4 to 6 soup plates; place a wedge of Polenta Pie in each and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Make-Ahead Hint: You can prepare this pie up to 24 hours before serving. Just cool pie to room temperature, cover with aluminum foil and store in the refrigerator. To reheat, bake it in a preheated 375 degree oven until hot through, about 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Asian Mushroom Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Mushroom And Olive Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Enoki-Stuffed Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Roast Stuffed With Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheddar's Santa Fe Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe