Cream Of Goose Soup
- Carcass from one cooked goose
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery and celery leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 carrot diced
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 quarts cold water
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
Place the goose carcass in a large pot with the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer one hour.
Remove and strain liquid, reserving 3 cups. Separate meat from the bones after the carcass has cooled.
Melt butter or margarine in another soup pot. Blend in flour, and stir until the mixture is light brown. Add the 3 cups of goose stock, and stir until the mixture thickens.
Add milk and goose meat from the carcass. Stir to heat. Add pimiento and serve.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Veal Chops Saltimboca with Tomato... 5/5 (4 Votes)