Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (6 to 7) cut into 1 1/2 -inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 navel orange, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt & black pepper
Cooking time 45mins
If you are using wooden skewers, soak them (8 small) in water for at least 15 minutes
Cook the rice according to the package directions. Remove from heat, sprinkle the zucchini over the rice, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and fold in the zucchini.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the chicken,onion, and orange with the oil, cumin, cayenne, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; thread onto the skewers.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium, lightly oil the grate, and grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is just tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
Serve with the rice.
Tip: Play up the citrus flavor of the kebabs by adding a teaspoon of finely grated orange zest to the rice along with the zucchini.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Popcorn Scallop Tacos 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Sauteed Shrimp With Coconut Oil 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Eggnog Ice Cream 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Martini 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Butterscotch zucchini bread 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- High Altitude Zucchini Bread 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Just Desserts Blood (Orange) Gelato 4.1/5 (14 Votes)