Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (6 to 7) cut into 1 1/2 -inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 navel orange, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt & black pepper
Cooking time 45mins
If you are using wooden skewers, soak them (8 small) in water for at least 15 minutes
Cook the rice according to the package directions. Remove from heat, sprinkle the zucchini over the rice, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and fold in the zucchini.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the chicken,onion, and orange with the oil, cumin, cayenne, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; thread onto the skewers.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium, lightly oil the grate, and grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the onion is just tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
Serve with the rice.
Tip: Play up the citrus flavor of the kebabs by adding a teaspoon of finely grated orange zest to the rice along with the zucchini.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)