Swiss Brown, Spinach And Bacon Salad
- 12 Swiss brown mushrooms
- 7 7/8 ounces fresh small leaf spinach
- 6 1/8 ounces streaky bacon
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/8 tablespoons snipped fresh chives (or chopped spring onions)
- 3 small tomatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup olive or salad oil
- 1 1/8 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/8 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated lemon rind
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Wash spinach in cold water and drain. Grill the bacon until it is really crisp. Leave to cool and then cut into small pieces.
Arrange the spinach in a large salad bowl. Halve the avocado slices on the spinach. Add the Meadows Swiss Brown mushrooms and sprinkle with bacon and chives or spring onions.
Mix all the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake well. Just before serving pour over the salad.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mary Ciarrocchi's Mushroom Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearty Mushroom And Olive Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Straw Mushrooms With Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream Of Goose Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin En Croute 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fillet Of Pork With Rosemary-Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Roast Stuffed With Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)