Mary Ciarrocchi's Mushroom Salad
- 3 pounds fresh mushrooms cleaned, trimmed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 tspn dried oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
In large saucepan, combine mushrooms and boiling water to cover; return to a boil. Drain mushrooms well and combine with 2 cups water and the vinegar. Set aside, covered, 30 minutes.
In serving bowl, stir together green and ripe olives, oil, pepper, celery, onion, oregano and garlic salt. Drain mushrooms well and fold into olive mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings.