Bacon, Cheddar, Chicken & Rice Bake
This chicken and rice casserole is an easy and quick weeknight meal. Add extra cheese on top to make it even more delicious!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed (I use Rotisserie)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat and cook onions until translucent.
Add garlic, seasoned salt, and pepper. Add flour and mix well. Cook until starting to color.
Stir milk and stock into flour mixture. Turn heat to medium high and add one cup cheese and continue to whisk as mixture comes to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Add rice and lower heat to medium low. Cook until the rice absorbs most of the liquid and is tender, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add chicken and bacon to the rice and sauce mixture. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 inch casserole. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar on top of the casserole. Place in oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Beef Stew 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Baked Mozzarella Chicken Rolls 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Manicotti Recipe 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Pork Chop Casserole 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Bombs 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Campbell's Chicken and Stuffing... 3.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Sharon's Chicken and Rice 5/5 (1 Votes)