Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
A tangy, crowd pleasing appetizer that is extremely easy to prepare. Enjoy!
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 can (8 ounce) water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cut each strip of bacon in half. Wrap one strip around one water chestnut. Secure with a wooden toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
While the wraps are baking, in a small mixing bowl combine brown sugar, mayonnaise, and chili sauce to make barbecue sauce. After the wraps have finished baking, transfer them (removing them from the grease) to a second shallow baking dish. Pour the sauce over the wraps.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 15 additional minutes, or until bacon is crispy. Serve hot out of dish with toothpicks.
You'll also love
- Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Crash Hot Potatoes 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Pork Chop Casserole 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Orange Rosemary Pork Tenderloin 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Meatloaf Barbecue Bacon Cheese... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Stir-Fried Broccoli & Water... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Water Chestnuts Wrapped in Bacon 4.4/5 (11 Votes)