Mexican Chicken Manicotti Recipe
Our family of five enjoys trying different ethnic cuisines. This Italian specialty has a little Mexican zip. Be careful not to overcook the manicotti. If the filled shells happen to break, just place them in the pan seam-side down.
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup milk
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, half of the onion and 6 tablespoons chilies.
In another bowl, combine the soup, salsa, milk and remaining onion and chilies. Spread 1/2 cup in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Drain manicotti and rinse in cold water; stuff each with about 1/4 cupful chicken mixture. Arrange over sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 535 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
You'll also love
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Classic Old Fashioned Macaroni... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken and Spinach Cannelloni... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken & Tomatillo Enchilada... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Fajita Pizza 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Skillet Buffalo Chicken Lasagna 4.5/5 (38 Votes)