Cheesy Chicken and Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 8 oz Gruyère or Swiss cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 3 cups fresh kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork; place on cookie sheet. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife. Cool 20 minutes. Peel potatoes; cut each into 1/4-inch slices.
3. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper using whisk. Cook until smooth and bubbly, stirring frequently. Gradually stir in half-and-half, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
4. In large bowl, toss potatoes, half-and-half mixture, kale and chicken until well coated. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Enchilada... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Meatloaf Barbecue Bacon Cheese... 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Chardonnay-Herb Marinade Chicken... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Classic Chicken and Dumplings 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlet Parma Sue's 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Louise's Chicken Divan 5/5 (1 Votes)
- DOG - Sweet Potato Jerky Treats 4/5 (81 Votes)