Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato, and Kale Soup
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or other oil)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 & 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika, to taste 1/8 th tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste 14
- oz can diced tomatoes 5
- 6 cups vegetable broth, more if desired 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained fine grain sea salt and pepper, to taste 2 handfuls torn kale leaves or spinach
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in oil for about 5-6 minutes over medium heat. Add in the celery and sauté for a few minutes more.
2. Stir in the bay leaf and the spices (cumin, chili powder, coriander, paprika, cayenne). You can add half the spices and add more later if you prefer.
3. Stir in the can of tomatoes (including juice), broth, and lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and then simmer, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes, until lentils are tender and fluffy.
4. Stir in kale or spinach and season to taste adding more spices if you wish.
You'll also love
- Lobster Fritters (Gluten Free) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon vinaigrette potato salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry Cobbler 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Tarragon,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Heather's Artichoke/Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country French White Bean Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)