Deluxe Potato Soup (Pampered Chef)
- 2 c milk
- 1 3/4 c chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 c instant potato flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 oz broccoli, coarsely chopped (about half a cup)
- Sliced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, crisply cooked, crumbled bacon, and sour cream
1. Combined milk, chicken broth and set aside. Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Add milk, chicken broth and potato flakes. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer.
2. Add chopped broccoli, salt, black pepper to soup, simmer, uncover 3to 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Remove saucepan from heat. Ladle soup into bowls, top with green onions, cheese, bacon and sour cream.
Yield: 4 servings