Winterthur's Clear Mushroom Soup
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 2 lbs. of assorted mushrooms (such as criminal, shiitake, portobello, oyster, morel, chanterelle, or domestic)
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quart of chicken, veal, or vegetable consommé
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup of butter or olive oil
- Parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Clean and dry mushrooms; slice thin.
Simmer consommé with sherry, thyme, salt and pepper.
In a large pan, heat butter or oil. Sauté mushrooms, shallots and garlic until wilted.
To serve, ladle consommé into bowls. Divide mushrooms between bowls. Garnish with parsley. Serves between 4 - 6.
You'll also love
- Vegetable Couscous Lasagna 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deluxe Potato Soup (Pampered Chef) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Strudel 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Zucchini with Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe