Lentil, Zucchini and Tomato Tart with Feta and Dill
Note: Make individual-sized tarts by cutting puff pastry into squares. Place into the forms of a greased muffin tin and continue preparing as instructed.
- 1 pkg puff pastry, pre-rolled sheet 10x11 inches
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 small zucchini sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch sea salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked split red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 green onions, light green and white parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, yellow and red, cut in half
- Extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Chopped fresh dill, for garnish
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unroll puff pastry and slide onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and saute zucchini over medium high heat for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
3. Stir together, in a large bowl, lentils, feta cheese, green onions, mayonnaise, dill, lemon zest, and pepper. Stir in zucchini. Spread evenly on puff pastry leaving a 1/2-inch border.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with cherry tomato halves. Bake another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Cut into 6 wedges. Drizzle each piece with olive oil, garnish with fresh dill, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
You'll also love
- Cucumber Salad 4.5/5 (107 Votes)
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping... 4.1/5 (159 Votes)
- Country Cabbage Soup 4.5/5 (111 Votes)
- Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth,... 4.1/5 (141 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer 4.6/5 (98 Votes)
- Better Than Anything Pumpkin Cake 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (96 Votes)
- Family Favorite Baked Beans 4.5/5 (99 Votes)