Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin
Ditch the store-bought option and make you own homemade Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin for dinner! Your family will love it!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from cookingchanneltv.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until softened and beginning to brown. Add the garlic and continue cooking 1 minute longer. Stir in the cream, broth and thyme, and season with the salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and bring to a simmer. Continue cooking until the potatoes are fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
Transfer the potatoes and cream to a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the potatoes. Bake until bubbly and the surface begins to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Banana Pineapple Slush 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheddar & Bacon Loaf 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Lidia's Almond-Apricot Butter... 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Cajun Crab Balls 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Olallieberry Dutch Baby 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- ROASTED GARLIC CAULIFLOWER 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Asparagus Casserole 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Pan Seared Tilapia in White Wine... 4.2/5 (55 Votes)