Baked Potato Soup
Looking for something to warm you up? Hur ya go... All the flavors you find in a baked potato loaded with cheddar, bacon and chives in the form of a warming soup. Enjoy!
- 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 small head cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 10 tablespoons reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons chives, chopped, divided
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 to 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400°F for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.
Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot.
On medium heat, add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Bacon Salad 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Shrimp with Cilantro and Lime 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Carrot Cake Muffins 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- New York Style Cheesecake 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Dry Rub Babyback Ribs with... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Asparagus Soup from Cook's... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef Stew with Butternut Squash 4.5/5 (22 Votes)