Duncan Hines Pineapple Upside Down Cake
An old-fashioned favorite, this Pineapple Upside Down Cake is just as fruity and moist as when your grandma made it. Create one today with Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix and your own modern style.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 can (20 ounce) pineapple slices
- Maraschino cherries
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
Adapted from duncanhines.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
For topping, melt butter over low heat in 12-inch cast-iron skillet or skillet with oven-proof handle. Remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar. Spread to cover bottom of skillet. Arrange pineapple slices, Maraschino cherries and walnut halves in skillet. Set aside.
For cake, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly over fruit in skillet.
Bake at 350 ºF for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Invert onto serving plate.
You'll also love
- Olive Oil Béchamel 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Shrimp Bisque (Slow Cooker) 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Parmesan Roasted Asparagus 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Thai Shrimp Coconut Soup - Instant... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Latkes 4/5 (5 Votes)
- CANDIED BACON-WRAPPED PINEAPPLE 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Lemon and Pineapple 7-UP Salad 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)