Eggs Benedict Casserole
This make-ahead Eggs Benedict Casserole is a scrumptious addition to your brunch or breakfast buffet spread. Utilizing all the classic flavors of a benedict and then topped with a homemade, rich, and creamy hollandaise sauce, this recipe pairs well with just a cup of coffee or the full spread of all of your favorite breakfast options.
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 12-ounces Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 6 english muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Preparation time 600mins
Cooking time 655mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Place half the Canadian bacon in a greased 3-quart or 9x13-inch pan. Top with English muffins and remaining Canadian bacon. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and onion powder. Pour over the top. Refrigerate, covered overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle top and paprika. Bake covered 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
On top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice, and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°F, whisking constantly. Reduce heat until very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve the hollandaise sauce immediately with the casserole.
You'll also love
- Good Old American Hamburgers 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Mocha Latte Parfaits Recipe 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Halloween Peep Cupcakes 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Mexican Rice Casserole 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry & White Chocolate Chip... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- The Ultimate Make-Ahead Gravy 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Cherry Cheesecake Pretzel Bites 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's Chocolate Pots de... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)