Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Chicken Parmesan Casserole made with diced chicken and layered with red sauce, mozzarella cheese and topped with croutons. Serve over your favorite pasta.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more if you want it hot
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cups marinara/pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (I used the smallest holed side of my box grater), divided
- 3 1/2 ounce garlic croutons, roughly crushed, leaving some larger pieces (I used New York Texas Toast brand Garlic & Butter)
Adapted from emilybites.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly mist a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Spread the cubed pieces of chicken across the bottom of the baking dish in a single layer. Sprinkle the minced garlic, red pepper flakes and basil evenly over the chicken. Spread the sauce evenly across the top. On top of the sauce layer, sprinkle ¾ cup of the Mozzarella and one ounce of the Parmesan evenly across the dish. Sprinkle the crushed croutons across the top and follow with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.