Denver Omelet-Stuffed Biscuits
What a great idea! You'll find all the great flavors of a Denver omelet in an easy to handle biscuit sandwich. The pre-mixed biscuit mix from Pillsbury makes preparation super easy. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 4 slices fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (2-ounces)
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Pour in eggs, bell pepper, onions and bacon. Cook until eggs are set, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut slit on 1 side of 1 biscuit, forming a deep pocket. Place 3 tablespoons egg mixture inside.
Press dough over filling, sealing edge of biscuit; place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining biscuits and egg mixture.
Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.