Eggs Benedict Casserole
An American classical dish, Eggs Benedict but in casserole form. Perfect breakfast for large gatherings. This recipe yields 6 servings but is easily doubled. Enjoy!
- 1 pound Canadian bacon or ham, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Parsley for garnish, freshly chopped
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 500mins
Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Place half of the Canadian bacon in bottom of dish. Top with English muffins. Follow with remaining Canadian bacon. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, onion powder, kosher salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Pour evenly over top of casserole. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
Remove casserole from fridge at least 30 minutes prior to baking and preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle casserole evenly with paprika. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes on lower middle rack. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until the center is done. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired.
In a double broiler or metal bowl over simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water), constantly whisk together egg yolks, heavy cream, lemon juice, mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue whisking until sauce is thick enough to coat back of spoon. Reduce heat to low. Drizzle in melted butter, whisking constantly. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve sauce immediately with casserole. If sauce stands too long and gets too thick, add a bit of hot water to thin out, 1 teaspoon as needed.
You'll also love
- Baked Spasagna by Cheddar's 4.2/5 (87 Votes)
- Mexican Gazpacho Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Gruyère Macaroni and Cheese 4.3/5 (76 Votes)
- Cheesy Rotel Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Variety of Jello Shots 4.1/5 (93 Votes)
- Rum & Coke Jello Shots 4/5 (221 Votes)