Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Lemon Dijon Cream, Red Onions, Dill and Capers
- 8 oz/250 g smoked salmon pieces
- 4 oz/125 g cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 (4”) fresh pasta squares (I found these at the Italian Centre Shop, in the freezer section)
- Semolina flour or cornmeal for dusting
- 1 tbsp butter 2 tbsp coarse grain mustard
- 1/4 cup minced red onion 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh dill sprigs 2 tbsp capers (drained)
Puree the smoked salmon and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Place a large spoonful of the mixture on the center of each pasta square. Moisten your fingers and rub around the edges of the pasta until it is slightly sticky. Fold over the square to form a triangle. With your fingers, force out any air pockets and press the filling into an even layer, leaving a 1” border. Pinch the edges tightly together to seal the raviolis. Let the raviolis dry for several hours to strengthen the seal; sprinkle them with semolina flour or cornmeal and rest on wax paper in an airtight container.
Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the butter and red onions and sauté them until the onions are softened. Stir in the lemon juice, the mustards and cream.
Continue simmering until the mixture is reduced by half. Season it with salt and pepper.
While the sauce reduces, bring a large pot of water to a gentle rolling boil. Season it heavily with salt; it should taste pleasantly salty. Add the raviolis and cook until the pasta is just done and the contents are heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove the raviolis with a strainer and drain them well.
Pour a quarter of the sauce into each of 4 heated shallow pasta bowls. Place two of the raviolis in the sauce with one overlapping the other. Top with a capers and fresh dill sprigs.
You'll also love
- Gingered Onion and Beef Soup with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Old Fashion Peach Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Shack Pasta (Bubba Gump's) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Beurre Blanc Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings in the... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FRENCH ONION GRAVY 3.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Buffalo Shrimp Cocktail 0/5 (0 Votes)
- rainbow pasta salad 0/5 (0 Votes)