Shrimp Shack Pasta (Bubba Gump's)
- Sweet Tequila Marinade:
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 4 oz. uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp crumbled Feta
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/2 Tbsp tequila
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- Veloute Sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- pinch salt
- white pepper
1) Thread shrimp on 4 skewers. Combine marinade ingredients and brush generously over shrimp; reserve some for basting. Let shrimp marinade at least 30 minutes in fridge.
2) Meanwhile prepare Veloute sauce. Bring stock to a boil in a small sauce pan. Remove from heat.
3) Melt butter in saucepan and add flour, salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly blended (about 2 minutes). Gradually add hot stock, stirring until sauce boils and thickens. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until reduced by half (30+ minutes). Strain into small bowl.
4) Bring pot of water to boil and add pasta. Cook until el dente or according to instructions on packaged. Drain.
5) Grill shrimp over medium heat, turning at least once and basting with marinade each turn. Shrimp is done when med-rare.
6) In skillet, sauce garlic in butter. Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and parsley. Stir in veloute sauce. Add cooked pasta and stir gently until sauce just starts to thicken.
7) Add tomatoes, toss to incorporate and remove from heat. Remove cooked shrimp from skewers and place on top of pasta. Sprinkle with crumbled Feta and green onions.
(cut back a bit on lemon juice and cut green onions really thin)