Buffalo Shrimp Cocktail
5 pieces per serving: calories 320, total fat 20gms, carbs 5gms, fiber 1gm, protein 30gms
- 10 bacon slices
- 2 pounds peeled, deveined tail on jumbo shrimp
- 30 wooden toothpicks
- 1/2 cup Louisiana hot sauce
- 3/4 cup blue cheese dressing, no sugar added
- 4 celery ribs, cut into sticks
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 12mins
1. Preheat the oven to 400
2. Arrange the bacon slices on a baking sheet and bake until half cooked, about 6 minutes. Let cool and cut each slice into thirds. Reserve the baking sheet; don't drain the fat.
3. Stretch one third of a bacon slice tightly around the center of each shrimp, and secure with a toothpick.
4. Arrange the shrimp on the reserved baking sheet and bake until just cooked through and the bacon is crispy, about 6 minutes more.
5. Immediately transfer the shrimp to a bowl and gently toss with the hot sauce. To serve, pour the blue cheese dressing in a small serving bowl and place in the center of a serving platter, surrounded by the shrimp, celery sticks, and lemon wedges.