Creamy tomato and kale soup
My version of tomato and kale soup, invented one snowy afternoon in late December.
- 1 TB butter
- 1 TB olive oil
- A bunch of chopped up kale, stems removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 quart of canned tomatoes (I used home-canned from tomatoes I grew in my garden)
- 1 tsp Kikkoman Aji-Mirin sweet cooking rice seasoning
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ground pepper
- 3 TB cream cheese (about 1/8 of a package)
Melt butter with olive oil in a stock pot. Saute kale, then remove kale from pot and set aside.
Saute onion, garlic, carrot, red bell pepper.
Add tomatoes and spices. Cook until veggies are tender.
Add cream cheese and run soup through a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to pot and add kale.
You'll also love
- Cheesey Quinoa and Squash 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- CLAMS: Zuppa di Vongole: Clam Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Orzo with artichoke pesto and... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Reboot - Meal - Kale-Zucchini Stir... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Greek Yogurt, Spinach, and Feta... 4/5 (65 Votes)
- Greek Tomato-Feta Quinoa Salad 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Broiled Salmon with a White Bean,... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)