Orzo with artichoke pesto and grilled corn
- 1 pound orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ears corn, shucked and silks removed
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces (about 3 cups) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, 1 cup reserved
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted* see Cook's Note
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, from 1 large lemon
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (about 28) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups vegan parm
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Using a pastry brush, brush the corn with oil. Grill, turning frequently, until the corn is tender, about 10 minutes. Allow the corn to cool slightly. Using a large knife, remove the kernels and add to the serving bowl.
In a food processor, combine the artichokes, walnuts, parsley, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil. Blend, scraping down the sides of the bowl, as needed, until the mixture is thick and smooth.
Chop the remaining artichoke hearts into 3/4-inch pieces and add to the serving. Add the pesto, tomatoes and parm. Toss until all the ingredients are coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
To toast the walnuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.
You'll also love
- Reboot - Meal - Kale-Zucchini Stir... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tartine Lemon Meringue Cake 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Basic Couscous 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Corn Dip-cold Mexican 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon with Orzo, Feta,... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Artichoke Parmesan Appetizer 4.6/5 (18 Votes)