Cheesey Quinoa and Squash
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cubed into 1/2 in. pieces
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/2 c white quinoa, cooked in chicken broth
- 1/2 c red quinoa, cooked in chicken broth
- 1/4 c butter
- 3/4 c onions, chopped
- 3/4 c carrots, chopped
- 3/4 c celery, chopped
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 oz. container light sour cream
- 1/2 c dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 c fresh basil, snipped; or 2 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 1/2 c finely shredded Parmesan cheese (6 oz)
Preheat oven to 425F.
In a large bowl combine squash and oil; toss to coat.
Spread squash in a baking pan and roast for 20 minutes or until squash is tender and light brown, stirring twice.
Remove from oven.
Reduce oven heat to 350F.
In a large skillet heat butter until melted. Add onions, celery, and carrots; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in soup, sour cream, wine, and basil. Stir in roasted squash, cooked quinoa, and 3/4 c of cheese.
Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 50 min.