Greek Tomato-Feta Quinoa Salad
The nutty quinoa is coated with the olive oil and lemon dressing and complemented by crunchy cucumber, sweet tomatoes, and zesty fresh chives.
- For the Quinoa Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from thescrumptiouspumpkin.com
Bring two cups of water to a boil in a saucepan, and season with salt. Add the quinoa and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes. The quinoa is cooked when the spiral germ becomes visible around the grains.
Meanwhile, prepare the lemon vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, water, honey, and dried oregano until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again.
In a large container, add the cooked quinoa, diced pepper, diced cucumber, feta, chopped chives, chopped parsley, and the lemon vinaigrette. Stir until well combined. Carefully fold in tomatoes.
Serve at room temperature or store in an airtight container in the fridge and serve chilled.